The Ehlanzeni District Municipality (e-EDM) continues to strive towards the goals of EDM Vision 2025: a municipality that is liveable, resilient and inclusive and provides a high quality of life for its citizens. e-EDM increases capacity and demonstrates willingness to deploy ICT for improving knowledge and information in servicing and transforming relations with citizens, businesses and other arms of government.
e-EDM is a secure free online service that allows home owners, companies, property managing agents and tenants to electronically interact with the Municipality. The service offers residence the ability to interact with the Municipality via the internet and mobile devices. Once registered, users can upload meter readings, pay traffic fines, lodge queries, apply for services, view statements, and make payments for accounts from the comfort of your home or office. Our customer information page allows Residence to update or correct their contact information. The e-EDM mobile site offers the added convenience of interacting via your mobile phone or tablet device.
The Municipality continues to work on further enhancements and services. Electronic forms for services, automation of these service applications and improved query and complaint management are all on our agenda. Your support and use of e-EDM helps us to reduce the carbon footprint, lowers service delivery costs and improves our ability to do more for our residents, businesses and this beautiful district we call EDM.
- No more waiting in queues, finding parking or worrying about office hours.
- Convenience (24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year).
- Full history and reporting of transactions, and electronic correspondence available at the click of a button.
- Reliable, guaranteed delivery with fully authenticated confirmation for each communication and interaction.
- Completely paperless and almost instantaneous communication with the Municipality.
- Increased quality of service through faster turnaround time regarding queries and responses.
- Improved accuracy of customer records and transactions assist in speedier resolution.
- A channel for customers to provide information to the Municipality.
- An easy method for customers to correct/update their information for better communication.
- Electronically delivered transaction details with notification of delivery.
- Increased efficiency and reduced turnaround times on the processing of payments made to the Municipality.
Registration on e-EDM and usage of the site is free.
The e-EDM team has made every effort to ensure that the user's personal and business information is protected by using the highest forms of browser security available. The site is secured by SSL certificates which ensure that the security certificates generated by the site are valid and secure. Every time a user connects to the e-EDM website, an encrypted and completely secure connection is made between your browser and the e-EDM servers thus, ensuring that your experience is safe and secure.
On the e-EDM home page, select the 'Login' option to the top right of the page. Then select the relevant 'Forgot Username' or 'Forgot Password' option and follow the steps to reset your password or recover your username.
You are able to add your Company Profile via Supplier registration.
For support purposes, the e-EDM Call Center agents will have access to your client's information - to assist in the event of a support query/call. Please ensure that your clients are aware of this fact and refer to the Terms & Conditions for additional information.